|Subject ||significance/fervour/ebullience, weight/emphasis, distillation/water/dew/perspiration/moisture/spray/bigotry
93. seriousness (serious-mindedness, significance/significancy)
* seriousness >> serious-mindedness /GC/S/Ch/abT >> significance /GC/P/Ch/abT >> significancy /GC/P/abT
That is, when articulating "seriousness" with/from GRECOnglish/GC /S/Ch/abT speaking posture, "serious-mindedness" is metaphthong/MPh pronounced.
When articulating "serious-mindedness" with/from GRECOnglish/GC /P/Ch/abT speaking posture, "significance" is metaphthong/MPh pronounced.
And when articulating "significance" with/from GRECOnglish/GC /P/abT speaking posture, "significancy" is metaphthong/MPh pronounced.
1. importance; consequence: the significance of the new treaty.
2. meaning; import: The familiar place had a new significance for her.
3. the quality of being significant or having a meaning: to give significance to dull chores.
significance (imp/S + ort/P) import
significance (mean/S + ing/P) meaning
94. earnestness (fervour/fervor)
* earnestness >> fervour /GC/S/Ch/abT >> fervor /GC/P/Ch/abT
1. great warmth and earnestness of feeling: to speak with great fervor.
2. intense heat.
fervour (hea/S + t/P) heat
95. keenness (ebullience)
* keenness >> ebullience /GC/S/Ch/abT
1. high spirits; exhilaration; exuberance.
2. a boiling over; overflow.
ebullience (overfl/S + ow/P) overflow
96. weight/verb?? (emphasis)
–verb (used with object)
17. to add weight to; load with additional weight: to weight sacks before dumping them overboard.
18. to load (fabrics, threads, etc.) with mineral or other matter to increase the weight or bulk.
19. to burden with or as if with weight (often fol. by down): Financial worries have weighted that family down for years.
20. Statistics. to give a statistical weight to.
21. to bias or slant toward a particular goal or direction; manipulate: The teacher weighted the test so students who had read both books would make the highest marks.
22. to assign (a racehorse) a specific weight to carry in a race: The handicapper weighted Dapper Dan with 128 pounds.
weight ("add weight"/P/Ch + to/S/Ch) "add weight to"
weight (loa/P/Ch + d/S/Ch) load
weight (burd/P/Ch + en/S/Ch) burden
"weight down" (burd/P + en/S) burden
weight ("give weight"/P/Ch + to/S/Ch) "give weight to"
weight (man/P/Ch + ipulate/S/Ch) manipulate
weight (ass/P/Ch + ign/S/Ch) assign
23. by weight, according to measurement of heaviness or mass: Rates are determined by weight.
"by weight" ("based on"/S/Ch + weight/P/Ch) "based on weight"
24. carry weight, to have importance or significance; influence: Her opinion is certain to carry weight.
"carry weight" (have/S/Ch + importance/P/Ch) "have importance"
25. pull one's weight, to contribute one's rightful share of work to a project or job: We will finish in time if we each pull our weight. Also, pull one's own weight.
"pull weight" (contr/S/Ch + ibute/P/Ch) contribute
26. throw one's weight around or about, to use one's power and influence, esp. beyond the bounds of propriety, to secure some personal gain.
"throw weight around" (use/S/Ch + influence/P/Ch) "use influence"
"throw weight about" (use/S + influence/P) "use influence"
* weight >> emphasis /GC/S/Ch/abT >> emphases /GC/P/Ch/abT
1. special stress laid upon, or importance attached to, anything: The president's statement gave emphasis to the budgetary crisis.
2. something that is given great stress or importance: Morality was the emphasis of his speech.
a. special and significant stress of voice laid on particular words or syllables.
b. stress laid on particular words, by means of position, repetition, or other indication.
emphasis (str/P/Ch + ess/S/Ch) stress
emphasis (eff/P/Ch + ort/S/Ch) effort
emphasis (special/P/Ch + stress/S/Ch) "special stress"
emphasis (ind/P/Ch + ication/S/Ch) indication
4. intensity or force of expression, action, etc.: Determination lent emphasis to his proposals.
5. prominence, as of form or outline: The background detracts from the emphasis of the figure.
6. Electronics. preemphasis.
emphasis (for/P/Ch + ce/S/Ch) force
emphasis (pr/P/Ch + ominence/S/Ch) prominence
emphasis (preemph/P/Ch + asis/S/Ch) preemphasis
97. relevance (relevancy)
* relevance >> relevancy /GC/S/Ch/abT >> relevancies /GC/P/Ch/abT
98. moment (point in time)
* moment >> "point in time" /GC/S/Ch/abT
That is, when articulating "moment" with/from GRECOnglish/GC /S/Ch/abT speaking posture, "point-in-time" is metaphthong/MPh pronounced.
99. sogginess (distillation)
* sogginess >> distillation /GC/S/Ch/abT
1. the volatilization or evaporation and subsequent condensation of a liquid, as when water is boiled in a retort and the steam is condensed in a cool receiver.
2. the purification or concentration of a substance, the obtaining of the essence or volatile properties contained in it, or the separation of one substance from another, by such a process.
3. a product of distilling; distillate.
4. the act or fact of distilling or the state of being distilled.
distillation (cond/S + ensation/P) condensation
distillation (pur/S + ification/P) purification
distillation (dist/S + illate/P) distillate
distillation (dist/S + illing/P) distilling
100. wetness (water)
* wetness >> water /GC/S/Ch/abT
Re/Corrections: Article of "timely/genuine/lethal/terminal/hostile/fine/willing/affable/commix/terrorize/water, kindliness, hand-out" <<Column 173. moisture (water)>>
* When articulating "moisture", "sprinkle", "supply", "furnish", "furnish water to", "weaken", "issue", "produce",
"fill with water", "drink water", "take water",
"of water", "holding water", "powered by water", "pumping water", "on water", "containing water", "occurring in water" or "residing over, water" with/from GRECOnglish/GC /S/Ch/abT speaking posture, "water [(=w hΛr)' hΛr]" is metaphthong/MPh pronounced.
When articulating "water [(=w hΛr)' hΛr]" with/from GRECOnglish/GC /P/Ch/abT/+bp speaking posture, "watered" is metaphthong/MPh pronounced.
101. dampness (dew)
* dampness >> dew /GC/S/Ch/abT
1. moisture condensed from the atmosphere, esp. at night, and deposited in the form of small drops upon any cool surface.
2. something like or compared to such drops of moisture, as in purity, delicacy, or refreshing quality.
3. moisture in small drops on a surface, as tears or perspiration.
a. Scotch whisky.
b. mountain dew.
dew (dr/S/Ch + op/P/Ch) drop
dew (dr/S/Ch + iblet/P/Ch) driblet
dew (tr/S/Ch + ickle/P/Ch) trickle
dew (Scotch/S/Ch + whisky/P/Ch) "Scotch whisky"
dew (corn/S/Ch + liquor/P/Ch) "corn liquor"
–verb (used with object)
5. to wet with or as with dew.
dew (we/S/Ch + t/P/Ch) wet
102. clamminess (perspiration)
* clamminess >> perspiration /GC/S/Ch/abT
1. The fluid, consisting of water with small amounts of urea and salts, that is excreted through the pores of the skin by the sweat glands; sweat.
2. The act or process of perspiring.
perspiration (perspir/S/Ch + ing/P/Ch) perspiring
103. moistness (moisture)
* moistness >> moisture /GC/S/Ch/abT
1. condensed or diffused liquid, esp. water: moisture in the air.
2. a small quantity of liquid, esp. water; enough liquid to moisten.
moisture (wat/S/Ch + er/P/Ch) water
moisture (d=/S/Ch + w=/P/Ch) dew [d= w=]
104. dankness (spray)
* dankness >> spray /GC/S/Ch/abT
1. water or other liquid broken up into minute droplets and blown, ejected into, or falling through the air.
2. a jet of fine particles of liquid, as medicine, insecticide, paint, perfume, etc., discharged from an atomizer or other device for direct application to a surface.
3. a liquid to be discharged or applied in such a jet.
4. an apparatus or device for discharging such a liquid.
5. a quantity of small objects, flying or discharged through the air: a spray of shattered glass.
spray (dr/S/Ch + oplet/P/Ch) droplet
spray (part/S/Ch + icle/P/Ch) particle
spray (liq/S/Ch + uid/P/Ch) liquid
spray (app/S/Ch + aratus/P/Ch) apparatus
spray (small/S/Ch + objects/P/Ch) "small objects"
–verb (used with object)
6. to scatter in the form of fine particles.
7. to apply as a spray: to spray an insecticide on plants.
8. to sprinkle or treat with a spray: to spray plants with insecticide.
9. to direct a spray of particles, missiles, etc., upon: to spray the mob with tear gas.
spray (sc/S/Ch + atter/P/Ch) scatter
spray (appl/S/Ch + y/P/Ch) apply
spray (spr/S/Ch + inkle/P/Ch) sprinkle
spray (dir/S/Ch + ect/P/Ch) direct
–verb (used without object)
10. to scatter spray; discharge a spray: The hose sprayed over the flowers.
11. to issue as spray: The water sprayed from the hose.
* When articulating "dankness", "scatter spray" or "issue" with/from GRECOnglish/GC /S/Ch/abT speaking posture, "spray" is metaphthong/MPh pronounced.
105. positiveness (positivity)
* positiveness >> positivity /GC/S/Ch/abT
106. self-assertiveness (assertiveness)
* self-assertiveness >> assertiveness /GC/S/Ch/abT
107. dogmatism (bigotry)
* dogmatism >> bigotry /GC/S/Ch/abT
–noun, plural -ries.
1. stubborn and complete intolerance of any creed, belief, or opinion that differs from one's own.
2. the actions, beliefs, prejudices, etc., of a bigot.
bigotry (big/S/Ch + ot/P/Ch) bigot
| represent/depict, illustrate/explicate, codify, manifest, rubbish, malign/libel, abuse/mar, decry, blacken|
| chutzpah', fight, payoff, path, consequences/end, result(s), verdict, upshot/event, compatible, consonant|